This shiny, flavorful Peruvian hen is made with hen thighs marinated in a scrumptious rub of lime juice, olive oil, and spices. The hen is roasted till fantastically crispy and served with a spicy cilantro-lime sauce. When you’ve by no means had pollo peruano, it’s a must to do this recipe!
Peruvian Roast Hen Recipe
Peruvian meals is a hidden gem in america, providing a combo of distinct and thrilling flavors, and this Peruvian hen is a scrumptious instance. Every chunk of pollo peruano hits you with a burst of flavors full of juicy meat and a crispy, golden pores and skin. The key is within the rub constituted of a mix of lime, olive oil, cumin, and smoked paprika. The hen is then topped with a velvety, mayonnaise-based sauce infused with lime, jalapeño, and garlic, making each forkful of this hen totally irresistible!
What Is Pollo Peruano?
Pollo Peruano is basically roast hen marinated in a tangy rub of shiny lime juice, olive oil, and spices earlier than being roasted to a crispy perfection. It’s usually served with aji verde, a creamy Peruvian inexperienced sauce of jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, mayonnaise, and extra.
Peruvian Hen Components
- Salt & Pepper
- Bone-in skin-on hen thighs or you should utilize hen breasts.
- Cumin supplies a heat taste.
- Smoked paprika provides a smoky contact to the hen
- Dijon mustard, I counsel a finely floor dijon as a substitute of a grainy product.
- Lime, freshly squeezed lime is greatest, however you should utilize store-bought lime juice, too.
- Olive oil
- Honey balances the spices with its sweetness.
- Sriracha is non-compulsory, however I just like the spicy kick it brings.
- Jalapeno must be seeded and sliced except you need a spicier sauce.
- Contemporary cilantro provides a contemporary taste to the sauce.
- Lime juice to brighten up the sauce.
- Olive oil
- Mayonnaise is the bottom for the sauce, however you may also use plain yogurt or bitter cream.
Easy methods to Make Peruvian Hen
- Make the rub. Whisk collectively the salt, black pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, Dijon mustard, lime juice, olive oil, honey, and sriracha. Pat the hen dry earlier than spreading the rub everywhere in the meat. Let it sit for half-hour.
- Put together to bake. Preheat the oven to 425˚F, organize the hen on a foil-lined sheet pan, and bake for 25 minutes or till accomplished.
- Mix collectively the jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, mayonnaise, and salt till clean.
- Spoon the sauce over the cooked hen, and serve.
Suggestions for Success
- Pat the hen dry earlier than spreading the rub over it, this further step leads to crispier hen.
- Permit time to marinade as a result of it will yield a way more flavorful completed product.
- Make it forward and marinate the hen for as much as 24 hours, tightly coated, within the fridge. It’s also possible to make the sauce the day earlier than and retailer it in an hermetic container within the fridge.
- Let the hen relaxation for five minutes after you pull it out of the oven. It will end in a juicier hen.
What to Serve with Pollo Peruano
To retailer, let the hen cool utterly earlier than sealing it in an hermetic container and retailer it within the fridge for as much as 4 days or within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Sadly, the sauce won’t thaw properly, so I like to recommend making a contemporary batch whenever you determine to serve the hen.
Extra Hen Recipes
For the hen:
In a small bowl, whisk collectively the salt, floor black pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, Dijon mustard, lime juice, olive oil, honey, and siracha till clean.
Pat the hen dry with a paper towel and rub the lime combination everywhere in the hen thighs, moving into each nook and cranny.
Let the hen marinate for half-hour to soak in the entire flavors if you want to marinate the hen in a single day, that’s even higher. Simply cowl the bowl with saran wrap and place it within the fridge. When you find yourself able to bake it, let the hen sit at room temperature for quarter-hour first.
Preheat the oven to 425 ˚F and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
Organize the hen thighs on the sheet pan and bake for 25 to half-hour or till the pores and skin is crispy and the inner temperature of the hen registers at 165˚F.
For the sauce
In the meantime, in a meals processor or blender, mix the jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, mayonnaise, and salt. Course of till clean.
Pull the hen out of the oven and let it relaxation for five minutes.
Spoon the sauce over the hen and serve.
- For Crispier Hen: Pat dry the hen earlier than making use of the rub to attain that fascinating crispy end.
- Marinating: Giving the hen ample time to marinate enhances the flavors, making each chunk a pleasant expertise.
- Prep Forward: Put together the hen and sauce a day upfront and retailer them within the fridge.
- Resting: Give the hen not less than a 5-minute relaxation after cooking to lock in its juiciness earlier than serving.
- Select Your Lower: Each bone-in, skin-on hen thighs and small hen breasts work nice, however regulate the cooking time. Hen is cooked by way of when its inner temperature registers at 165˚F on an instant-read meat thermometer.
Serving: 1 hen thigh | Energy: 647 kcal | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Protein: 24 g | Fats: 59 g | Saturated Fats: 11 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 16 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 28 g | Trans Fats: 0.2 g | Ldl cholesterol: 149 mg | Sodium: 765 mg | Potassium: 402 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 704 IU | Vitamin C: 15 mg | Calcium: 41 mg | Iron: 2 mg | Web Carbs: 5 g
Dietary data is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values could fluctuate in response to the substances and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed data.