This vivid, flavorful mango hen recipe is one thing else. Hen breasts are pounded skinny and marinated in a candy, smokey, citrusy sauce, cooked in a scorching pan, and served with a candy and spicy mango salsa.
Tender, succulent hen with a facet of vivid, tropical mango salsa – who might say no to that?! Hen breast halves are pounded skinny and marinated in a well-balanced marinade with lime juice, candy agave, cumin, and smoked paprika. The hen is cooked scorching and quick within the pan and comes out juicy and flavorful. Then, it’s served alongside a candy, spicy, smoky salsa starring mango, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice.
Why We Love This Mango Hen Recipe
- Easy preparation. This recipe will solely take quarter-hour of lively time within the kitchen.
- Recent substances. Right here, we use recent produce, combining the intense zest of recent lime plus the sweetness of ripe mango with juicy, savory hen.
- A mix of flavors. You’ll combine the candy with the smoky, throw in a little bit of spicy, and have a dish that’s large on style. It’s the proper strategy to jazz up your hen in a snap!
- Hen: I favor utilizing boneless, skinless hen breasts, sliced lengthwise for faster cooking. You can additionally use boneless skinless hen thighs or breast tenders, however totally different cuts might require adjusting the cooking time.
- Lime Juice: I extremely recommend utilizing freshly squeezed lime juice for that zesty kick.
- Olive Oil: We’ll be utilizing it for cooking the hen, and for the mango salsa.
- Agave: Honey is an effective substitute.
- Seasoning Combine: We mix salt, smoked paprika, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Recent Cilantro: Recent cilantro will add a pop of freshness.
- Mangos: Select ripe mangos for that good steadiness of candy and tangy.
- Pink Onion: Shallots are a incredible various.
- Jalapeno: Spice it up, however seed the jalapeno earlier than dicing to maintain our salsa from turning right into a fireball.
- Garlic: Don’t skip it – it provides depth to each the hen and the salsa.
The right way to Make Mango Hen
This stovetop mango hen is simple to make. Right here’s a fast overview of the right way to do it. Make sure you scroll to the recipe card under for extra thorough directions.
- Pound the hen. Between 2 sheets of plastic paper, pound the hen items to ¾ inch thickness. Place the hen in a big resealable bag.
- Marinade the hen. Whisk collectively the lime juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, agave, and seasoning, and blend it with the hen. Seal the bag and refrigerate for half-hour.
- Make the mango salsa. Add the mangoes, onion, and jalapeno to a mixing bowl. Whisk collectively the remaining substances and toss the combination with the mangos.
- Prepare dinner the hen. Warmth the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high warmth and cook dinner the hen within the skillet for five minutes on both facet.
- Relaxation. Take away the hen from the pan and permit it to relaxation for five minutes earlier than slicing and serving.
- Serve. Serve the hen with the mango salsa, garnished with cilantro.
- Recent Elements: For the very best taste, select recent produce and use freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Even Thickness: Pound the hen to an excellent thickness for even and quick cooking.
- Marinade: Marinate the hen simply lengthy sufficient to inject it with taste; if you happen to let it sit too lengthy, it could actually make the hen mushy. For many recipes, a marination time of two to 12 hours is good.
- Meat Thermometer: Use an instantaneous learn meat thermometer to make sure the cooked hen reaches 165°F for security.
- Let it Relaxation: For juicier, extra tender meat, permit the hen to relaxation for five minutes earlier than slicing.
I like loading some sliced hen with mango salsa into corn tortillas with somewhat avocado and cotija cheese. Mango hen can also be wonderful served over my Fiesta Rice or my Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice. I additionally take pleasure in it with my well-known Elote (Mexican Street Corn) as a facet dish.
The right way to Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
- To retailer. As soon as the hen has cooled to room temperature, seal it in an hermetic container. Seal any leftover mango salsa in a separate container. You possibly can retailer them within the fridge for 3 to 4 days or within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
- To reheat. Permit the hen and salsa to thaw within the fridge (if relevant) earlier than transferring simply the hen to a baking dish. Cowl the dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or till heated by way of. Alternatively, microwave a hen breast in 30-second intervals till heat. You do not want to warmth up the salsa.
Extra Simple Hen Recipes
Searching for methods to shake up your hen routine? Listed below are a couple of of my different favourite chicken-centric recipes from around the globe.
Pound the hen. Place each bit of hen between two layers of plastic wrap and use a rolling pin to pound it to an excellent thickness (about ¾ inch). Place the hen in a big resealable Ziplock bag.
Marinate the hen. Whisk collectively 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lime juice, agave, salt, smoked paprika, cumin, and garlic powder, and pour the combination over the hen. Seal the bag and therapeutic massage the marinade into the hen. Place it within the fridge for half-hour.
Make the mango salsa. Add the mangos, onion, and jalapeno to a mixing bowl. Whisk collectively the lime juice, olive oil, agave, cilantro, garlic, smoked paprika, and salt, and pour the combination over the mangos. Toss to coat the mangos totally.
Prepare dinner the hen. Warmth a skillet over medium-high warmth and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the hen to the pan in a single layer. Prepare dinner for five minutes after which flip and cook dinner for an extra 5 minutes or till the interior temperature of the hen reaches 165°F.
Relaxation. Switch the hen to a serving plate and let it relaxation for five minutes earlier than slicing and serving.
Serve. Serve the hen with the mango salsa, and garnish it with cilantro.
- Hen: I used somewhat over a pound of hen breasts for this recipe. I recommend pounding all of the hen breasts to an excellent thickness as a result of that helps obtain fast and even cooking.
- Marinating: Attempt to marinate the hen for a minimum of 20 to half-hour to infuse it with taste.
Serving: 6 ounces | Energy: 333 kcal | Carbohydrates: 24 g | Protein: 14 g | Fats: 22 g | Saturated Fats: 3 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 15 g | Trans Fats: 0.01 g | Ldl cholesterol: 36 mg | Sodium: 1244 mg | Potassium: 489 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 19 g | Vitamin A: 1804 IU | Vitamin C: 48 mg | Calcium: 36 mg | Iron: 2 mg
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values might range in line with the substances and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.