This moist, juicy air fryer meatloaf is so fast and straightforward and yields good outcomes each time. Deliciously seasoned floor beef sure along with eggs and breadcrumbs is fashioned into loaves, cooked within the air fryer, and completed with a tangy glaze.
This basic meatloaf recipe is a surefire method to banish the notion of dry, bland meatloaf. It’s moist, juicy, and brimming with taste, set to go away an enduring impression on anybody who tries it. Its simple preparation and fast cooking make it a really perfect recipe for busy weeknights or weekend get-togethers. The candy and tangy glaze is my favourite half – it’s an ideal mix of sweetness and tanginess that enhances the meatloaf’s wealthy style.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe
- Moist. A typical grievance about meatloaf is that it’s too dry, however not this one! It’s moist, juicy, and full of taste.
- Candy Glaze. I’m a giant fan of the glaze on this meatloaf; its candy, savory, and tangy flavors complement the wealthy umami of the meatloaf completely.
- Simple. That is a simple recipe to place collectively. Hydrate some bread crumbs, toss the entire elements right into a bowl, combine them collectively, whisk up a glaze, and air fry.
- Customizable. You possibly can tweak this recipe to suit your style preferences. Use floor turkey, add cheese, play with the seasonings, and so forth.
What You’ll Want
Head on over to the shop and seize the elements for this simple meatloaf recipe. You’ll discover exact measurements within the recipe card additional down the web page.
- Breadcrumbs: I used unseasoned breadcrumbs so I can management the flavour, however you possibly can use seasoned breadcrumbs or panko bread crumbs, should you’d like.
- Milk: I used complete milk, however 2% is okay to make use of.
- Olive oil
- Yellow onion: Purple or white onion would additionally work right here.
- Floor beef: I counsel utilizing 80/20 lean floor beef, however you possibly can use a product with a decrease fats content material. You might additionally use floor turkey or floor hen.
- Eggs: It’s greatest if the eggs are at room temperature.
- Ketchup: We’ll use some for the meatloaf combination and extra for the glaze.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Seasoning: Garlic powder, salt, floor black pepper, dried oregano, and chopped recent parsley.
- Brown sugar: You might use honey as an alternative.
- Apple cider vinegar: Wanted for the glaze.
- Mustard: I counsel plain yellow mustard, however honey mustard can also be a sensible choice.
Tips on how to Make Meatloaf within the Air Fryer
This air fryer meatloaf cooks up rapidly and simply, saving you time in comparison with oven-baking.
- Hydrate the breadcrumbs. Combine the breadcrumbs and milk collectively and let sit for five to 10 minutes.
- Saute the onions. Warmth the oil in a skillet over medium warmth and add the onions. Saute till translucent.
- Make the meatloaf combination. Use your fingers to combine collectively the bottom beef, sauteed onion, breadcrumb combination, eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning till simply integrated. Don’t overmix.
- Make the glaze. Whisk collectively the elements for the glaze.
- Preheat the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Type the loaves. Divide the meat combination in half and kind every portion right into a loaf form.
- Air fry. Place the meatloaves within the air fryer basket and prepare dinner at 350°F for 20 minutes. Then, brush the loaves with the glaze, and air fry for a further quarter-hour.
- Relaxation and slice. Switch the meatloaves to a reducing board and permit them to relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than slicing and serving.
Recipe Suggestions And Variations
Earlier than skipping forward to the cooking half, learn by way of these helpful ideas and methods in an effort to obtain the proper air fryer model of meatloaf.
- Hydrate the breadcrumbs. Soaking the breadcrumbs with milk will assist be sure that your meatloaf doesn’t dry out.
- Room-temperature eggs. Begin with room-temperature eggs. They may incorporate the remainder of the elements extra simply.
- Don’t over-handle. When mixing collectively the elements, ensure to not overdo it since you’ll find yourself with a troublesome, dense meatloaf. Combine simply till the whole lot is integrated.
- Use a meat thermometer. To verify for doneness, use an instant-read thermometer. The inner temperature ought to learn 160°F on the thickest a part of the meatloaf.
- Let it relaxation. Letting the meatloaf relaxation earlier than slicing helps the juices redistribute and retains the meat juicy.
- Strive a distinct floor meat. Strive floor hen or turkey as an alternative. You might do a mix of floor beef and floor pork, too.
- Add cheese. Fold crumbled feta cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, or mozzarella pearls into the meatloaf combination.
- Asian model. Swap out the oregano for soy sauce and gochujang chile paste and, for the glaze, swap the mustard for extra gochujang chile paste and slightly candy chili sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and also you’ve received your self an Asian-inspired air fryer meatloaf.
What To Serve With Meatloaf
I really feel like you possibly can’t actually have meatloaf with out these Garlic Rosemary Mashed Potatoes – they’re the proper match. You must also attempt these Air Fryer Baked Potatoes or my well-known Smashed Potatoes. To spherical out your meal with slightly vegetable matter, make these Air Fryer Carrots or some Roasted Green Beans. This straightforward Green Goddess Salad or my Very Berry Avocado Salad would go properly right here.
- To retailer. Seal cooled leftover meatloaf in an hermetic container. You possibly can retailer it within the fridge for as much as 4 days or within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
- To reheat. Enable the meatloaf to thaw within the fridge, if relevant. Air fry at 350°F for five minutes or till heat. It’s also possible to reheat particular person parts within the microwave in 30-second intervals till heat.
Fast Air Fryer Recipes
Hydrate the breadcrumbs. Mix the breadcrumbs and the milk in a mixing bowl. Combine collectively and let sit for five to 10 minutes.
Saute the onions. Warmth the oil in a skillet over medium warmth and add the onions. Saute for two minutes or till translucent.
Make the meatloaf combination. Add the hydrated breadcrumb combination, sauteed onions, floor beef, eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, and parsley to a big mixing bowl. Use your fingers to combine all of it collectively till the whole lot is simply integrated. Don’t overmix.
Make the glaze. Whisk collectively the ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and mustard.
Preheat the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
Type the loaves. Whereas the air fryer is preheating, Divide the meat combination in half and use your fingers to softly kind every portion right into a loaf.
Air fry. Place the meatloaves within the air fryer with area between them and air fry at 350°F for 20 minutes.
Glaze. Brush the glaze over the meatloaves and proceed to prepare dinner them for a further quarter-hour or till the interior temperature of every loaf reaches 160°F.
Relaxation and slice. Switch the meatloaves to a reducing board and permit them to relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than slicing and serving.
- Meat Thermometer: Use a thermometer to make sure the meatloaf reaches 160°F to 165˚F.
- Resting: Enable the meatloaf to relaxation earlier than slicing to maintain the juices in and the meat moist.
- Meat Variations: Experiment with floor hen, turkey, or a mixture of beef and pork.
- Storage: Retailer cooled leftovers in an hermetic container and hold them within the fridge for as much as 4 days or within the freezer for 3 months.
Serving: 2 slices | Energy: 338 kcal | Carbohydrates: 17 g | Protein: 37 g | Fats: 12 g | Saturated Fats: 5 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5 g | Trans Fats: 1 g | Ldl cholesterol: 159 mg | Sodium: 1017 mg | Potassium: 699 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 10 g | Vitamin A: 572 IU | Vitamin C: 8 mg | Calcium: 100 mg | Iron: 5 mg
Dietary data is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values could range in accordance with the elements and instruments used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed data.