Bought a chocolate craving? This wealthy vegan chocolate dip, made with creamy almond butter, whisks up in simply 5 minutes flat so that you’ll be snacking very quickly! It’s excellent for dipping fruit, cookies or simply consuming by the spoonful.
You recognize me…I can’t say no to a superb dip. I greedily scoop up my vegan Buffalo chicken dip with chips. I gobble up hot corn dip with a spoon. And I even dunk my fruit right into a creamy cashew fruit dip…so it’s time, my mates, for CHOCOLATE.
Chocolate and I even have a sophisticated historical past that started with the invention that I used to be allergic to it at 3 years previous and someway managed to largely keep away from it till I used to be a young person. SHOCKING, I do know.
After which there’s my basic choice for fats or salt over sugar, making most chocolate-flavoured issues method too candy for my style. So on the subject of chocolate – which I do like by the way in which! – I desire darkish chocolate with a excessive share of cocoa (no, it’s not simply because I’m a dietitian and assume it’s “more healthy”) and my chocolate desserts with a little bit of salt.
Which brings me to this creamy, wealthy, vegan chocolate dip: it’s a kind of plant-based recipes that’s far more than the sum of its components. It’s thick, as a result of I don’t like chocolate dips that dribble in every single place. It’s creamy, with out tasting of coconut (my vegan pet peeve!) as a result of I’m utilizing largely almond butter. And it’s surprisingly low in sugar, as a result of it’s made with cocoa powder and only a little bit of maple syrup.
Raid your pantry to make this vegan chocolate dip
The perfect a part of this thick and chocolatey dip? You in all probability have every of those 6 substances in your pantry already, so you may make it proper NOW!
- Almond Butter: I really like almond butter for this recipe because it offers a richness that enhances the chocolate flavour with out calling an excessive amount of consideration to itself. Should you’re allergic to nuts, you can completely use sunflower seed butter and even tahini.
- Cocoa Powder: I’m utilizing flavonoid-rich cocoa powder right here for a few causes; the primary, is that it provides chocolate flavour with much less sugar however the second – and most essential – is that I’m lazy and utilizing cocoa means you don’t need to soften the chocolate first ha! Searching for much more of an antioxidant increase? Use uncooked cacao powder as a substitute.
- Coconut Cream: coconut cream is the next fats model of coconut milk…each would work nicely right here however coconut cream (greater than 20% fats) provides additional richness.
- Maple Syrup: the wealthy flavour of maple syrup is the proper match for this dip however in a pinch, you can dissolve cane sugar in a few tablespoons of coconut cream and stir that into the dip since you wish to preserve the fluid content material the identical.
- Vanilla and Cinnamon: do you know that the explanation why chocolate tastes like chocolate is, um, vanilla?? Don’t skip it! And the cinnamon is simply sufficient to boost the flavours with out making the dip style an excessive amount of like cinnamon.
- Salt: salt is crucial to making a extra flavourful dessert…all you want is a pinch!
The right way to make a yummy chocolate dip with out dairy
I needed to make a chocolate dip that was immediately crushable, so you can whip it up for a fast snack anytime. So there isn’t any chocolate to soften, or cashews to mix…all you want is a whisk and a bowl and 5 minutes!
Step One: whisk up the almond butter, coconut cream, maple syrup, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon and salt till clean in a bowl. If you’d like it thinner, simply add 1 tablespoon of coconut cream at a time till you attain the specified consistency.
Step Two: take pleasure in this vegan chocolate dip with fruit, pretzels, cookies or unfold it on toast or cake!
Desiree’s suggestions, methods and substitutions
- This dip will preserve fantastically for per week within the fridge…if it lasts that lengthy!
- The feel of the almond butter will have an effect on how thick this sauce is…so you should definitely stir your almond butter nicely! Desire a runnier dip, or wish to use this as a chocolate sauce? Merely skinny it out with extra coconut cream till you attain your required texture.
- Allergic to nuts? Strive sunflower seed butter or tahini! Low FODMAP? ¼ of this recipe is a low FODMAP serve…simply be sure that your coconut cream doesn’t comprise inulin.
- Yep, this chocolate dip is of course gluten free!
Easier vegan snack recipes
5 Minute Vegan Chocolate Dip with Almond Butter
This wealthy vegan chocolate dip, made with creamy almond butter, whisks up in simply 5 minutes flat so that you’ll be snacking very quickly! It’s excellent for dipping fruit, cookies or simply consuming by the spoonful.
- ¼ cup almond butter, well-stirred! Sub sunflower butter for nut free
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream, or coconut milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
In a bowl, whisk collectively the almond butter, coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt till clean. Add the cocoa powder and whisk once more.
Serve together with your favorite sliced fruit, cookies or pretzels. You possibly can even smother a chunk of toast or a cupcake with this dip as it’s thick sufficient!
Observe: The temperature of the almond butter and the coconut cream will have an effect on thickness in addition to how nicely stirred the almond butter is. If each are chilly, you possibly can heat the dip within the microwave for a number of seconds to skinny it out. Nonetheless too thick? Add coconut cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, till your required thickness.