I’ve been discussing performance-related actions currently, like seeing my occasions on native routes vs. the “Strava Leaderboard” for my 70-74 age group. However most of my coaching, most likely about 90%, is at a cushty tempo, whereas solely the remaining 10% is increased depth. It is a typical coaching week for me currently:
“UH” means higher physique, laborious day, “LH” means decrease physique, laborious day, and E means straightforward restoration day. “S-” is a brief session whereas “L-” is an extended session. Due to my SI joint injury that I’m nonetheless rehabbing, all straightforward days and all “decrease physique days” are bike rides. Sooner or later, I’d wish to throw some mountaineering into the combo. Higher physique is a warmup on my arm-cycling setup, adopted by a number of stations (chest press, row, shoulder press, pulldown) of each isometric train and single-set energy coaching, and ending with a cooldown stroll with hand weights. Decrease-body laborious days have longer intervals, shorter intervals, and a few on-bike energy coaching, with the rest being a brisk however straightforward regular tempo. Currently, the brief rides have been round 60 minutes, whereas the longer rides differ from 90 minutes to as a lot as 4 hours.
I’ve signed up for the “I Care Classic” Century in Morgan Hill on Could 13, a charity journey for the Lions membership. The last century I did took 6 hours 47 minutes, so I have to ramp up my longest journey of the week step by step to organize. Additionally, the route has some hills in it so I have to do some extra hill climbing apply with my recumbent over the subsequent few weeks.