Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes are a fast and wholesome meal concept or facet dish you can make in below an hour. These baked tomatoes are full of flavorful quinoa and spinach and topped with melty cheese.
Searching for extra methods to show recent veggies into an all-in-one lunch or dinner? Attempt these Ricotta and Orzo Stuffed Tomatoes.
Tacky Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes
In case you’re in search of the proper gentle and straightforward meal concept to make ASAP, it’s these vegetarian stuffed tomatoes! This recipe for baked tomatoes loaded with quinoa is full of tons of textures and taste. The perfect half? It’s a multitasker. Make quinoa stuffed tomatoes as a vegetarian most important, or make them as a facet along with your favourite recipes. And repeat.
These straightforward quinoa stuffed tomatoes are the meatless Monday lunch or dinner of goals. I stuff recent ripe tomatoes with protein-filled spinach, quinoa, and savory herbs, then bake them with loads of gooey, melty mozzarella cheese.
Why You’ll Love This Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
- Flavorful. Quinoa has a nutty, earthy style that’s just like brown rice, and it takes on the flavors of this recipe fantastically. Mixed with garlicky sauteed spinach and recent herbs, it’s the proper filling for juicy, tangy tomatoes.
- Fast & Simple. This stuffed tomato recipe takes minutes to prep. Then all that’s left to do is bake! Have a wholesome, hearty vegetarian lunch, dinner, or facet dish prepared in below an hour.
- Excessive-Protein. Quinoa and spinach carry a great deal of plant protein to those tacky stuffed tomatoes.
What Is Quinoa?
Quinoa is taken into account a complete grain; nonetheless, it isn’t technically a grain in any respect. It’s the seeds of the quinoa plant! The seeds are excessive in fiber, protein, and nutritional vitamins when in comparison with many grains. You’ll usually discover quinoa in the identical grocery retailer aisle as different raw grains like rice and bulgur.
Which Is More healthy: Rice or Quinoa?
Like rice, quinoa is of course gluten-free and tastes nice in a great deal of recipes. In contrast to rice, quinoa is a whole supply of plant protein (good day, important aminos!). One cup of quinoa additionally has extra fiber than the identical quantity of rice. This makes it a more healthy selection that may additionally hold you fuller for longer.
Find out how to Make Stuffed Tomatoes With Quinoa
Who’s able to get stuffing? Under is a fast overview of learn how to make quinoa stuffed tomatoes. You’ll want to scroll right down to the recipe card for an ingredient listing and detailed directions.
- Prep your components. Slice off the tops of the tomatoes and hole out the within. Sprinkle with salt and organize the hollowed tomatoes on a baking sheet. Subsequent, carry the quinoa and water to a boil after which simmer, coated, for quarter-hour.
- Make the quinoa filling. In a skillet, saute the spinach with a little bit of oil, salt, and pepper. Add in garlic and parsley, then take the pan off the warmth and stir within the quinoa.
- Fill and bake the tomatoes. Spoon the filling into the tomatoes, cowl them with foil, after which bake at 375ºF for 20 minutes.
- Add cheese. Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan excessive of the tomatoes earlier than returning them to the oven uncovered. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, till the cheese is melted.
Right here’s learn how to flip your quinoa stuffed tomatoes right into a hearty lunch or wholesome dinner:
Storing and Reheating Extras
Correctly saved, these baked quinoa stuffed tomatoes make nice leftovers. I like to cut my tomatoes up, filling and all, and toss them into salads the next day.
- Refrigerate any leftover stuffed tomatoes hermetic for as much as 3-4 days. Serve them at room temperature or reheat the stuffed tomatoes within the oven at 350ºF till warmed by way of.
- I don’t advocate freezing stuffed tomatoes, whether or not they’re cooked or raw. The tomatoes are inclined to turn out to be gentle and mushy after they thaw.
Extra Vegetarian Recipes to Attempt
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Slice off 1/2 inch of the stem finish of the tomatoes and hole out the within.
Slice only a small part off of the underside of the tomatoes in order that they may sit flat on a baking sheet.
Sprinkle salt within the hole portion of every tomato and place hole facet up on the baking sheet. Put aside.
Place water and quinoa in a saucepan and produce to a boil; decrease to a simmer, cowl, and cook dinner for quarter-hour.
In the meantime, warmth the olive oil in a frying pan and stir within the spinach; season with salt and pepper, and cook dinner till simply wilted.
Stir within the garlic and parsley, cook dinner for a minute longer, and take away from the burner.
Add cooked quinoa to the spinach and blend properly.
Style for salt and pepper and alter accordingly.
Evenly divide the filling among the many tomatoes.
Cowl with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Take away foil, sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Bake uncovered for a further 5 minutes or till cheese is melted.
- Tomatoes: The perfect tomatoes for stuffing are massive, spherical, plump tomatoes. Good decisions are Beefsteak tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, and Campari tomatoes.
- Make Forward: You’ll be able to put together the filling and stuff the tomatoes as much as 1-2 days forward. As a substitute of baking, cowl the stuffed tomatoes hermetic and refrigerate them till you’re able to bake.
- Storage: Retailer leftover stuffed tomatoes within the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Get pleasure from leftovers chilly or reheat them within the oven at 350ºF till heat.
- Serving: I’ll usually price range 1-2 tomatoes per particular person when serving this as a most important, and ½ to 1 tomato per particular person as a facet dish.
- Substitute Quinoa: The quinoa on this recipe will be changed with rice, bulgur wheat, lentils, and even couscous. Remember the fact that some grain varieties aren’t gluten-free.
- Cheese: As a substitute of mozzarella and parmesan, it’s also possible to prime the quinoa stuffed tomatoes with crumbly feta, Monterey Jack, or shredded cheddar cheese.
Serving: 1 stuffed tomato | Energy: 176 kcal | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Protein: 9 g | Fats: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 3 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2 g | Ldl cholesterol: 15 mg | Sodium: 189 mg | Potassium: 560 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 3 g | Vitamin A: 3269 IU | Vitamin C: 24 mg | Calcium: 156 mg | Iron: 2 mg | Internet Carbs: 17 g
Dietary information is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values might range in line with the components and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.