This wholesome egg white frittata is made with sautéed tomatoes, garlic, and spinach folded into fluffy, whisked egg whites. The entire dish is baked to puffy, protein-packed goodness, and it’s an effective way to begin your day.
Straightforward Egg White Frittata
Ah, the right frittata. There’s nothing fairly prefer it. This frittata brings collectively merely seasoned egg whites with blistered cherry tomatoes, wilted spinach, and a touch of garlic. The egg whites are whipped simply sufficient in order that, when baked, they puff up completely across the veggies making for a splendidly fluffy chew.
The straightforward flavors, the protein-packed egg whites, and the nutrient-rich spinach actually do make this veggie frittata an effective way to kick off your day. It’s not only for breakfast, although. Get pleasure from this egg-cellent dish for lunch, dinner, and even as a snack. Your physique (and style buds) will thanks for it.
Why You’ll Love This Egg White Frittata
Not solely is that this frittata scrumptious and full of wholesome protein nevertheless it’s tremendous fast and simple to make and splendidly adaptable to quite a lot of style preferences. Right here’s why I feel you’ll adore it.
- Adaptable. One beauty of this wholesome frittata recipe is which you could simply make it your individual. Play with totally different veggies and/or add some cheese or meat. Take a look on the part under titled “Customizing Your Frittata with Veggies and Cheeses” for inspiration.
- Straightforward. All you should do right here is sauté some veggies, whisk some egg whites, put all of it collectively, and pop it within the oven. The simplicity of this recipe makes it good even for these very new to cooking.
- Little or no prep time. You’ll solely have to spend 5 minutes within the kitchen earlier than you let the oven do the remainder of the work. Pop it within the oven and go about the remainder of your day. Return to a mouthwatering breakfast.
- Nice for meal prep. I really like making this frittata and having fun with one piece contemporary out of the oven earlier than storing the remainder within the fridge to be loved later within the week. Try the part under titled “The way to Retailer and Reheat Extras” for extra info.
- Wholesome. Egg whites are an effective way to get a hefty (but low-calorie, low-cholesterol, low-fat) dose of protein. Plus, the veggies (notably the spinach) on this recipe pack a good variety of important vitamins. So when you’re in search of methods to make breakfast a more healthy, leaner a part of your day, that is the recipe for you.
What’s a Frittata?
A frittata is a well-liked Italian breakfast dish. They’re made up of crushed eggs blended along with no matter assortment of veggies, meats, and/or cheeses the chef chooses. The concoction is then baked till the eggs are cooked by.
Oftentimes the frittata is began on the stovetop and completed within the oven. For simplicity’s sake, I simply used the oven to bake this one.
Collect Your Elements
Right here is every thing you’ll need to make this spinach egg white frittata. Scroll on all the way down to the recipe card under for precise measurements.
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes: I like utilizing multi-colored tomatoes for visible enchantment.
- Sea salt & Freshly floor black pepper
- Child spinach
- Egg whites: You possibly can separate eggs your self or use bottled egg whites.
The way to Make an Egg White Frittata
Right here’s a fast have a look at tips on how to make the very best egg white frittata you’ve ever had. Please be aware that that is only a common overview. Make sure to scroll to the recipe card under for extra detailed directions.
- Cook dinner the greens. Sauté the tomatoes, garlic, and spinach (in that order) in olive oil. Unfold the veggies over the underside of a really well-greased 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake the frittata. Whisk collectively the egg whites, sea salt, and floor black pepper and pour them evenly over the veggies. Bake for half-hour at 400 levels F.
Customizing Your Frittata with Veggies and Cheeses
This egg white frittata recipe is splendidly adaptable to quite a lot of style preferences. I used tomatoes and spinach however you may simply incorporate totally different or extra greens into the egg whites. I discover it greatest when the veggies are roasted or sautéed first, however the selection is yours. Sliced, sautéed bell peppers, caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, and/and even roasted potatoes would work fantastically.
You’re additionally greater than welcome so as to add cheese to this frittata. Merely combine it into the egg whites earlier than baking. I counsel roughly 3/4 cup of a shredded or crumbled cheese of your selecting. Crumbled feta, goat cheese, or shredded cheddar could be my prime picks.
Suggestions for Success
Are you able to take your frittata sport to the following degree? Comply with these easy ideas and tips and also you’ll be a professional very quickly.
- Take away extra moisture. As you sauté the veggies, it’s possible that they may launch some moisture. I like to recommend draining that moisture from the pan or utilizing a slotted spoon to switch the veggies to the baking dish. If baked in with the eggs and veggies, that further moisture will finish you with a watery mess.
- Purchase bottled egg whites. Need to make your life about 10 occasions simpler? And keep away from losing egg yolks? Use bottled egg whites. The again of the bottle ought to point out how a lot you should equate to 16 egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites simply earlier than cooking. In the event that they sit too lengthy, they may turn into watery.
- Preheat the oven. All the way in which. It will trigger the eggs to puff up fantastically. An oven that has not preheated correctly or that’s not sizzling sufficient may go away you with a flat, rubbery frittata.
- Take into account including chopped contemporary herbs like basil, parsley, or chives to boost the general taste and freshness of the frittata.
Pour your self a cup of espresso (or tea) and sit all the way down to a heat, welcoming slice of frittata. This scrumptious egg white breakfast is nice by itself, however whip up one in every of these breakfast goodies to go alongside.
- Smoothie. Pair frittata with a wholesome Banana Kiwi and Kale Smoothie, this Immunity Boosting Smoothie, or a filling Rainbow Protein Smoothie Bowl.
- Pancakes. Make it a brunch with Buttermilk Pancakes, Fluffy Almond Flour Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes, 2 Ingredient Crepes, Baked French Toast, or Banana Bread Waffles.
- Different candy breakfast treats. Get pleasure from your egg white frittata with these Blueberry Lemon Muffins, my Baked Cinnamon Donuts with Vanilla Glaze, these Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls, and my Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Coconut Oil.
- Bacon. Add some sizzle with this Air Fryer Bacon recipe and even my Air Fryer Sausage and Potatoes.
- Salad. For lunch or dinner, pair the egg white frittata with my Green Goddess Salad, this Spring Vegetable Potato Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette, or simply toss collectively some blended greens with my Homemade Italian Salad Dressing.
Listed here are some solutions to the extra continuously requested questions I encounter when the phrases “egg white frittata” come up. Be happy to go away a be aware within the feedback part under with some other questions or ideas you might need.
For essentially the most half, sure! Egg whites are full of protein however are, on the similar time, very low in fats, ldl cholesterol, and energy. As long as you don’t load your frittata with unhealthy mix-ins, you’ve picked a really wholesome breakfast (or lunch or dinner, for that matter).
There are 3.6 grams of protein in every egg white. This frittata packs about 4 egg whites into every serving. In order that’s 14.4 grams of protein per serving. Wow!
Begin with room temperature and a pair of bowls. Gently crack an egg open and let the whites spill out into the bowl, preserving the yolk in a single aspect of the damaged shell. Gently switch the egg yolk from one half of the shell to the opposite, permitting the whites to expire into the bowl between every switch. Do that till you solely half yolk left. Put the yolk within the different bowl to save lots of for an additional use.
Sure! Egg whites have zero ldl cholesterol.
They do. There are 3.6 grams of protein in every egg white. That’s the principle promoting level. In any other case, they include negligible quantities of sodium and dietary sugars and simply the tiniest little bit of magnesium.
Extra Egg Recipes to Attempt
Eggs for days! I really like beginning my morning with scrumptious, protein-packed eggs. Listed here are a few of my different favourite eggy breakfast recipes so that you can attempt.
Preheat the oven to 400˚F, closely grease a 9-inch baking dish with butter, or line it with parchment paper. Put aside.
Warmth the olive oil in a sauté pan set over medium-high warmth. Add the tomatoes, season with 1/2-teaspoon salt, and sauté till blistered. Add the garlic and sauté for 20 seconds. Lastly, add the spinach and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or till wilted.
Pour the veggies into the ready baking dish and unfold evenly alongside the underside.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk collectively the egg whites, remaining salt, and floor black pepper till barely lightened in shade.
Pour the egg whites over the veggies. Tilt the pan to distribute the eggs evenly all through the pan. Bake uncovered for half-hour.
Take away from the oven and let relaxation for a number of minutes.
Slice the frittata into 4 equal items and serve.
- When sautéing veggies, drain any launched moisture; extra moisture may end up in a watery frittata.
- Keep away from losing yolks by utilizing bottled egg whites. Test the bottle for the equal quantity wanted (often indicated for 16 egg whites).
- Beat egg whites simply earlier than cooking to stop watery eggs.
- For added taste and creaminess, sprinkle some crumbled feta, grated Parmesan, or shredded cheddar cheese over the frittata.
- Recent herbs like basil, parsley, or dill can elevate the style profile of your frittata. Chop them finely and blend them into the egg whites earlier than cooking.
- Guarantee your oven is absolutely preheated for a fantastically puffed frittata.
- Refrigerate Leftovers: As soon as cooled, retailer leftover frittata in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat within the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes or microwave in 30-second intervals till heated by.
- To freeze, cool utterly, and retailer in an hermetic container within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge, then comply with reheating directions.
Serving: 1 slice | Energy: 141 kcal | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Protein: 14 g | Fats: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5 g | Sodium: 799 mg | Potassium: 412 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 1681 IU | Vitamin C: 18 mg | Calcium: 34 mg | Iron: 1 mg | Web Carbs: 3 g
Dietary data is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values might fluctuate in keeping with the elements and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed data.