Welcome to the July 2023 concern of the Newest Information in Monetary #AdvisorTech – the place we take a look at the massive information, bulletins, and underlying developments and developments which might be rising on the earth of expertise options for monetary advisors!
This month’s version kicks off with the information that Pershing X has introduced the launch of its long-awaited (and newly renamed) “Wove” advisor expertise platform – which regardless of purporting to be an open-architecture, multi-custodian answer permitting advisors to easily combine all of the expertise they select to carry onto it, in actuality appears actually geared in the direction of advisors who need to use Pershing’s custodial and outsourced funding administration options, together with Wove’s suite of native or partnered software program instruments… which can be particularly interesting as an ‘out-of-the-box’ answer for breakaway brokers that Pershing is probably going trying to appeal to, however raises questions on why Pershing would trouble to advertise Wove’s open-architecture capabilities within the first place provided that they don’t seem like what the platform will truly do greatest?
From there, the most recent highlights additionally function plenty of different fascinating advisor expertise bulletins, together with:
- All-in-one software program platform Blueleaf has launched a brand new “aggregation-as-a-service” answer, promising higher shopper knowledge aggregation capabilities than current options by automating the method of weaving a number of sources collectively to make sure cleaner knowledge – though it stays to be seen, provided that it’s nonetheless reliant on third-party aggregation suppliers which might be vulnerable to inaccuracy and account breakages, whether or not Blueleaf’s answer will lastly be the avenue for shopper knowledge aggregation to stay as much as its long-unfulfilled potential
- Gross sales enablement and shopper success platform Nitrogen has unveiled a brand new set of firmwide knowledge analytics capabilities permitting agency leaders to check the expansion success and portfolio administration of a number of advisors, in addition to a brand new pricing tier for midsize advisory companies, additional leaning into its current rebrand as a progress platform by offering extra insights for companies to trace and handle their (multi-advisor) progress
- Property planning expertise supplier Vanilla has pivoted from offering technology-supported doc preparation companies to being a standalone software program answer for ‘property advisors’, offering property visualization and projection instruments for advanced estates – though with fewer and fewer shoppers being topic to property tax, it stays to be seen simply how large of a market there’s of advisors who’re prepared to pay for not simply standalone property planning however an ongoing ‘property advisory’ answer
Learn the evaluation about these bulletins on this month’s column, and a dialogue of extra developments in advisor expertise, together with:
- RIA agency Ritholtz Wealth Administration is launching a brand new robo-advisor providing to supply a mix of automated funding administration and customized monetary planning (which may sign an intent to consolidate with its current Liftoff robo-advisor answer and transfer away from the Betterment for Advisors platform that powers that answer), highlighting how profitable Ritholtz has been at leveraging its media-driven advertising and marketing technique into paying shoppers (although it’s not clear if any different RIAs will ever be capable to replicate the success when implementing their very own robo-advisor options?)
- Of all of the instruments which have arisen this yr incorporating synthetic intelligence, those that seem like getting essentially the most traction aren’t recommendation suggestion engines or chatbot interfaces, however merely ‘phrase calculators’ that may generate textual content on a clean web page – reflecting the truth that AI can’t but be trusted to reliably reply questions, however can save significant time for advisors who merely battle and wish assist with writing emails, social media posts, and different written supplies that they’ll merely edit (and use their very own experience to fact-check as acceptable)
And make certain to learn to the tip, the place we have now offered an replace to our in style “Monetary AdvisorTech Options Map” (and in addition added the modifications to our AdvisorTech Listing) as properly!
*And for #AdvisorTech firms who need to submit their tech bulletins for consideration in future points, please undergo TechNews@kitces.com!